Friday, January 27, 2012

Do these names sound cool?And even if they do, do you have any other suggestions?Name meanings are important.?

We don't know whether it'll be a boy or girl yet, but as it took us literally years to hammer out a name we both liked for our son, we could use some help. Halia (ha-LEE-ah) Ella is one thought. Halia means rememberance of a loved one and it has been a little over a year since my mother-in-law passed. Though, since it is a rare name, do you think she'd be picked on? We're also a lot Irish so since one meaning of Ella is elfin and we have the small elfy-like ears, I thought that could be cool. Another one Jase/Jason Alden. Jase/Jason means healer and Alden means pledge (so healer's pledge. Perfect if he's a doctor ;). Whatever we choose I want it to mean something positive and preferably inspiring. Our son's name means undefeatable peace (and happily at this point, he is). While meanings are important, we're totally cool with mixing name nationalities. Please help!Do these names sound cool?And even if they do, do you have any other suggestions?Name meanings are important.?
Jason Alden flows really well and has a great meaning combo. It's also interesting that Jason is mentioned in the Bible as someone who provided hospitality to some people that were being persecuted. Hospitality was an important value in ancient cultures and you couldn't betray someone staying in your house--almost like an honour pledge, so that fits in with the name Alden too.



I would use the full name Jason and save Jase for a nickname. That way the child would have both options and not be tied down to Jase if it turned out to be too confusing for people to pronounce or spell.



Halia Ella is pretty but just doesn't flow well. I think it is the two vowels coming together at the word break. If you like Halia, then a middle name beginning in a consonant would flow better. For example:



Halia Cara (Cara is of Gaelic origin and means "beloved; friend" so perhaps the meaning combo would be "remembrance of a beloved friend")

Halia Jade (Jade is of Spanish origin and refers to the semiprecious green stone. The stone was believed to have the magical power of providing protection against disorders of the intestines. So you've got the healing idea in there.)

Halia Kai (Kai is Hawaiian meaning "the sea". The sea is sometimes used as a metaphor for eternity or crossing into the afterlife, so it would fit well with "remembrance").



I don't see any problem with the initials you mentioned.



Best wishes!
I like both the names actually. Ella also means young girl in spanish. I like the name Jase.



I dont think either of these would cause a problem.



Good luckDo these names sound cool?And even if they do, do you have any other suggestions?Name meanings are important.?
Just come up cool off the wall names that you like. My sons' name are Jarrod Liono and Kamdor Ninjor. Do these names sound cool?And even if they do, do you have any other suggestions?Name meanings are important.?
Wow, you've been doing some research! I think those names are cool and meaningful in a good way. I personally like the name Santos Wes cuz its a mix of latin and.....american I guess.... I love your names though.
No I like the intitials 'JAH', it could always be a nickname lol. I really like the name Ella for a girl and Jase Alden for a boy. You picked very well :)
While I think Halia is pretty %26amp; unusual and I like Ella -- I don't like the names together, they both have the same sound ending %26amp; I don't think they roll off the tongue together.



Halia Elise -- still would have the same initials and means consecrated to God.



Good luck %26amp; congratulations!
Halia Ella is very pretty sounding, and unique, and I like how you've brought in your Irish culture to naming.



I like the Jason Alden. Jase to the illiterate eye might come out as "jazzy", which would be annoying.



As far as teasing, kids are mean and will tease no matter what you name them. But both are lovely names.
I think the name Halia is very pretty. Halia Ella sounds nice, but it trips the tongue a little. Have you thought about looking into Gaelic names, since you're Irish? I also kind of like Halia Fay (or Fae).



I think Jason Alden is perfect. I would go with Jason and the nickname Jase, if you want to use Jase. It will give him an alternative if he wants something a little different.
i think what you have chosen by yourselves is great. i like halia ella but might like it better switched to ella halia. both pretty names with pretty meaning. the boy name is great too- go with jase. its a nice little spin on a a common name. and alden works good with it. jason alden both ends with 'n' so i dont think it flows as well as jase alden. good job! very well thought out names.

good luck and congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment