Friday, January 27, 2012

I like Gentry for a girls name, we're not big on meanings. names are names?

Everyone on here says it sounds masculine, but family and friends say it's pretty and cute. I love unique names, something not everyone has.I like Gentry for a girls name, we're not big on meanings. names are names?
I think it would be cute. How masculine can it sound I mean it has "JEN" in it!! Which is very girly. I think it would work really well just pair it will a very girly middle name!
You asked for our opinion and we're giving it to you. If family and friends say it's pretty and cute (which doesn't mean it translates to mature, sophisticated or professional) and you don't care and will do what you want any way then why do you need validation from us?



There's a difference between unique and odd.I like Gentry for a girls name, we're not big on meanings. names are names?
what's the question here?

Anyways, nothing about Gentry is cute or girly or feminine. The name is completely 100% masculine.
Yes names are names but you cannot completely disregard the history and meaning of name just to better suit your own greedy pleasure. Unless your daughter is born gay(no insult intended) or wants to get a sex change by the age of 10 than she isn't going to like being named something so hideous and masculine.

You might as well just name her Beau(which literally means Handsome) or Manly.

Anyways, since you didn't ask a question, I just resorted to giving my opinion. Ultimately it is your decision whether or not you want to ruin your daughters life from the start.

Good luck
Sincerely, Sam.I like Gentry for a girls name, we're not big on meanings. names are names?
I don't know about it's meaning as a name or whether it's masculine or feminine but in the dictionary it means "well bred people" and " an upper class or aristocracy" I remembered it from my history books. I don't personally care for it as a name for a boy or girl to be honest.
The name as a whole is not feminine, but the obvious nickname of "Gen" is what makes me think it'd be better for a girl than a boy. Although a boy could be called "Gent" for short, I think that'd be a bit odd since "Gen" is an actual accepted nickname and Gent is just an abbreviation for gentleman.
I think it's quite masculine. Like another poster said, it has 'gent' right in it.

I don't even think it's pretty or cute... I don't think it sounds anything like a name actually.
Your family and friends are being polite while laughing behind your back.



Or possibly they're just as ignorant as you are.



Not everyone else your child meets will be. Spend five minutes thinking about that. _It is not about you_.
It sounds very harsh and masculine.
Gentry DOES sound masculine. It even has the word "Gent" in it! I would be shocked if I met a girl with this name.
It's your kid. Call however you want
Not a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment